Thursday, September 27, 2012

Book For The Week - The Clan Of The Cave Bear




By




After checking out The Clan Of The Cave Bear on my kindle from my local library, when the two weeks expired and I was not finished with it I decided to go ahead and buy it rather than wait for the book to become available again.  It is the first of a five book series by Jean Auel that are referred to as The Earth`s Children series.   While I enjoyed the book and it held my interest, I have not yet decided whether or not I will read any more of the books in this series.  The novel takes place in  prehistoric times and a five year old  Cro-Magnon girl whose family is lost to her in an earth quake  is found by a clan of Neanderthal people who adopt her.  She is considered the ugly duckling and although loved by many of the clan,  she is abused by others.  In fact in general the women of the Neanderthal Clan were not treated very well.   I am not sure I want to read five books of cave men abusing cave women.   Yet there are adventures and  plenty of acts of kindness to go with the more negative parts of what Jean Auel`s imagination says life in prehistoric times might have been like.  Please click on the title and the author`s name to follow the links and learn more.  And enjoy the following video of an interview with the author. 





No comments:

Post a Comment