Monday, November 12, 2012

Book For The Week: 11/12/12 - The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen


by



When I am asked,  I am quick to say that I don't watch slasher movies and that books that are psychological thrillers give me nightmares.   Never the less,  I enjoy an occasional book by Tess Gerritsen.  As an internist,  Tess Gerritsen's attention to detail during the autopsies and her psychological descriptions of not only the serial killers in her books but of the heroes and heroines too are fascinating.  As usual I have not read the Rozzoli and Isles series in order and I wish that I had so I will have to eventually go back and enjoy the ones in the series that I have missed.   A couple of years ago I listened to an audio book of her  Body Double.  I never would have discovered Tess Gerritsen  except that,  in the days before my IPOD,  when I was listening to audio books on my cars CD player,  I purchased a "lot"  from eBay of books on CD.  One of these books was  Body Double and I enjoyed it although I watched behind my back for several months after that when walking to and from my mailbox after work.   So when I was looking for a book to listen to on my Ipod during my commute  around the end of October I selected The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen to compliment the Halloween season.   The book is about Detective Jane Rozzoli's investigation of a series of murders by a criminal they have dubbed the apprentice due to his copy cat style of a serial killer that her team put behind bars the year before.   Please be sure to click on the book title and author's name above to follow the links for more information.   Enjoy the video that follows.



No comments:

Post a Comment