Monday, November 26, 2012

Book For The Week: Congo by Michael Crichton




By



Michael Crichton is (was - while I still enjoy his books he has passed away) one of my favorite authors.   Congo is the third book of his that I have enjoyed and I am sure I will return to his books in the future.   It is a story of a group of people who are going into the congo to a lost city to find diamonds and have to fight off all sorts of danger.  One of the most difficult being a new species of gorilla that was bred in ancient time to guard the diamonds.  There is also a volcano that erupts not to mention attacking hippos.  The book is Michael Crighton's usual action packed adventure with the added delight of a gorilla that was raised in captivity and trained to communicate with sign language.   As has been many of Michael Crighton's books this one was made into a movie.  Click on the author's name and the book title above to follow the links to more information and enjoy the movie trailer in the video that follows.  I not only recommend this book but the two other Michael Crichton books I have read -  Next and State Of Fear




No comments:

Post a Comment