Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dinner and a Movie

When my kids were junior high age I had the opportunity to get a way for a few days.  As I was telling them good bye,  I promised souvenirs for them and asked them if there was anything special they wanted.  My youngest, in his usual straight forward way replied, "I don't know mom but please don't bring me anything with Lincoln on it.".   Which probably demonstrates that while other people get excited when they go to the Bahamas or off on some sort of cruise,  if you tell me you will go with me to Springfield Illinois I am one happy person.  After all the whole Abraham Lincoln story is such a moving one.   So when Bruce told me that he would take me to see the movie Lincoln while it was in the theaters,  since I assumed I would wait till it came out in rentals,  I was very much looking forward to it.   On  this past Saturday night I was not disappointed.   This movie made the hair on my arms stand up over and over.  And dinner at Casa's on Stellhorn was yummy too.


2 comments:

  1. Hi thank you for stopping by and commenting on my page. I am looking forward to see the movie Lincoln. I saw on last nights news that the movie was shown at the us senate-thought that was something.
    I am originally from Mishawaka Indiana-up near notre dame college and south bend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Yes I remember when you posted about your visit home and you ate at Essanhaus in Middlebury so I knew you were from this area. I live in a small town outside Fort Wayne.

    ReplyDelete