Friday, July 5, 2013

Cloud Atlas: The Movie







This past April I  posted a blog about the novel Cloud Atlas which can be found HERE.    In the blog I mention that I wanted to watch the movie to see if it made the story lines any clearer.  A few weeks ago Bruce and I watched it.  I really liked the movie although Bruce said he was glad he didn't pay to see it at the theater.  It is a very complicated movie as the links you will follow to if you click on the titles above indicate.  It may be helpful to see who is who in the various time frames the movie encompasses.  A chart can be found HERE with that information.    The various levels of meaning are clearer since I have seen the movie although I would not have wanted to try and follow it without having read the book first.  In fact,  reading the book and watching the movie several times might be helpful to grasp it all.  I still didn't absorb all that is there.  Enjoy the trailer that follows.  I recommend the movie.  I liked it and and it is a book and movie that will stay with me for years to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment