Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book For The Week: 1/28/13: The Camel Club by David Baldacci


by 


On my way home from work this pm,  I finished listening to The Camel Club by David Baldacci.   It is a series that was recommended to me by a contact of a contact of mine on a social media site who insisted that if I listened to the first book of this series that I would be hooked.  I did enjoy the book very much and will indeed listen to or read the other titles in the series.  Between the move to SW Ohio and the job change and not commuting as many days to work,  it has taken me a long time to get through this book.  But not because it was not good.  I did have a little trouble in the beginning of the story keeping the cast of characters straight.  It seemed a little complicated to follow on audio but by the end of the novel I had figured out who was who.  I never thought I would be a fan of political thrillers but this one was fun.  The Camel Club is a group of four older men who are drop outs from society.  They are into conspiracy theories and one of them spends most of his time in a tent across the street from the white house.  They accidentally witness a murder that throws them into the middle of a very important series of events.  The book is extremely exciting in some parts but also amusing throughout due to the oddities of the members of The Camel Club.   I highly recommend it for fun escape reading.  Be sure to click on the title and the author's name above to follow the links for more information.  And enjoy the video that follows:

No comments:

Post a Comment