Saturday, January 3, 2015

Fairchild by Jaima Fixsen





by





Sometimes. at the beginning of the month,  I check out the free list of 100 "best sellers" on amazon kindle.  I have quite a few books on my kindle that I have obtained that way but since I have so many books on my wish list that I want to read I don't get around to knocking out a free one very often.  My original plan was to read one I paid for alternating with a free one to save money.  But several of the free ones were predictable and mediocre so I have gotten away from my original idea.  Yet for some reason I downloaded Fairchild  by Jaima Fixsen this past August and for some unknown reason I decided to read it last night.  It is a historical novel, which is my genre of choice,  but it is a romance. While I like a little romance in my historical novels,  I am not big on love stories with a little history thrown in.  But I have to say that this book had me from page one and I read the entire almost 300 pages before going to bed.  It takes place in one of my favorite time periods - the late 1700s.  It's setting is England.  And it is about an illegitimate child of an English lord.  She has a lot of moxie and is just a likable character.  Jamie Fixsen is a new author.  She lives in Canada and is a mother of three.  She also is a Mormon if that matters to anyone.  I think she has done a great job with this little book and found it to be a real page turner.  Please click on the authors name and title above to follow links to more information.  And enjoy the video below.  It is of the country side in the area of the books setting.  I can just see Sophie riding her father's horse and being thrown in this country side and dislocating her shoulder.




No comments:

Post a Comment