Saturday, March 28, 2015

Village Books by Craig McLay




by




Since my last several titles were all  pretty heavy I decided to search out a more light hearted read.  And because I had purchased a few books in a row rather quickly I decided to browse through titles I had put on my kindle from the free list over the last couple years.  I discovered  Craig McLay's Village Books in my archives and decided to give it a try.  I found it a delightful read!  It is full of amusing one liners and has a cast of very funny characters.  The story takes place in Toronto in the setting of an independently owned book store.  It made me a little home sick for a used book store located about a half hour from where I used to live called Hyde Brother's Books,  which was always an interesting place to browse.  The written voice which is telling the story in Village Books is one of the managers who has an interesting point of view of each of the employees.  While it will never be a classic of great literature,  if anyone is interested in a light read that is a belly laugher,  I recommend they pick up a copy of Village Books.  Follow the links above to learn more and enjoy the video that follows.  



No comments:

Post a Comment