Friday, June 19, 2015

A Duty To The Dead by Charles Todd




by




Mystery books are not my normal genre but sometimes after a few heavier type reads a mystery is more of a light hearted easy read for me to intersperse between my normal historical fiction.   I was ready for a mystery so I selected A Duty To The Dead by Charles Todd because the main character is a nurse.  Bess Crawford serves as an army nurse for Britain during WWI.  When the book opens she is on a sinking hospital ship which caught my interest from the first page.  After she survives the wreckage she goes home to recover.  It is during her leave that she becomes involved in the family skeletons of a former patient.  The reason I usually give for not being a big mystery reader is that I generally have the end figured out long before I get there.  I have to say that I did not guess the ending to this book.  While this novel is not in the ranks of great classical literature,  it is an easy and enjoyable read that I would recommend as a good escape.  I will read more of Charles Todd's books.  Please be sure and click on the book title and author's name above to follow the links to more information.  And enjoy the video that follows.





No comments:

Post a Comment