Friday, December 29, 2017

My Favorite Books of 2017 List




It is not yet New Years Eve but I am not going to finish either the book on my kindle app nor the book I am listening to in the next 48 hours so I am going to go ahead this this annual post.  In 2017 I either read or listened to a total of 44 books.  I enjoyed almost all of them.  So choosing my top ten list this year was impossible.  After the books I read by J.K. Rowling and Herman Wouk I would have only one book left to pick!   So it became apparent that I would choose the top ten author's of the books I read this year.  It was fairly easy to pick the first nine authors.  But then there were three books I still liked a lot that I had to choose between for that tenth spot.  Therefore I have changed my top ten books this year to my top twelve authors.  Know that books 10, 11, and 12 were pretty much a tie.  If you click on each title as it appears in the list you will go to the page where I reviewed the book.   I was surprised at how many non-fiction books that I read this year and that a fantasy book was at my number one spot.  My genre is normally historical fiction and there are a few of those on the list too.  

12.  Lyall Watson   
               The Whole Hog

11.  Erik Larson
              Dead Wake 

10.  Michael Pollan
              The Botany Of Desire

9.   Marilyn Yalom
              The History Of The Wife 

8.   Dava Sobel 
               Galileo's Daughter
               The Glass Universe

7.  Thomas Mullen
               The Last Town On Earth

6.  Rachel Carson
                Silent Spring

5. Sheri S. Tepper
                The Gate To Women's Country

4.  Barbara Kingsolver
                 The Lacuna

3.  Jodi Picoult 
                Small Great Things

2.  Herman Wouk
                The Winds Of War
                 War and Remembrance

1.  J. K. Rowling









No comments:

Post a Comment