Thursday, May 16, 2019

A Flying Pig For Duchenne


Every spring Cincinnati has its Flying Pig Marathon.  There are events all weekend and on Saturday this year there was a 5k.  Since Parents Project for Muscular Dystrophy had partnered with the Flying Pig this year, I decided to walk the 5k.  My step daughter walked with me and my step granddaughter came to cheer us on.  To go to the link to my page that was used for my fundraiser and learn more click HERE.  But first let's enjoy a short video taken during the Saturday events.  Remember most people in attendance were not part of the PPMD fundraising efforts.  There were many fund raising efforts displayed in the various T-shirts worn by participants.



We had a great morning and while I did not meet my personal goal of walking the 5k in less than an hour I was close at an hour and 29 seconds.   Here are screen shots of my results.





I wanted to raise money for PPMD because I think there is no better place to put forth effort than in the fight against Duchenne.  Learn more about PPMD by clicking HERE.  And please take the time to watch the video that follows.  









No comments:

Post a Comment