Saturday, October 19, 2019

The Pioneers by David McCullough




by


      In the genre of historical non fiction, David McCullough is the cream of the crop as far as authors.   His latest book, The Pioneers, deals with the settlement of the North West Territory with emphasis on the community of Marietta, Ohio.  While I had read much about the events he presents, McCullough always comes up with additional specific facts for me and he presents the information in a very entertaining way.  My local library book group discussed this book this month and although I missed the meeting, I am sure it was a good one.  There was plenty about this book to discuss.  I chose to listen to this on audio and I would like to read it too because I think I would glean even more information.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links to additional information and enjoy the video that follows.  Anyone who takes time to read this book will be richly rewarded.  





No comments:

Post a Comment