Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Flight Of Dreams by Ariel Lawhon




by




     Last night I finished reading Flight Of Dreams by Ariel Lawhon on my kindle app.  I had checked it out from the State Library Of Ohio and I am embarrassed to say I had to renew it twice.  It is a good book but my last few months have been uncommonly busy.  Reading has not received enough of my time.  Nevertheless,  I enjoyed the book.  It is a historical novel that the author is clear about explaining she takes creative license in her portrayal of the cause of the Hindenburg disaster.  She does a great job in making the passengers and crew of the air ship come to life.  Helping her in this task she used a web site that can be viewed HERE which contains  information on many of the people that were aboard the air ship when it exploded.   The author also used another website to help her gather information about the air ship itself which can be found HERE.  Both of these websites contain excellent back ground information for the reader.  In addition, clicking on the links at the beginning of this post on the book title and author's name will bring the reader to web pages that contain additional information.  The novel made me much more familiar with the Hindenburg Disaster story and has caused me to want to learn more about it.  It is an entertaining story that keeps the reader engaged.  I would encourage historical  novel fans to enjoy this book.  A video trailer of the book  follows.  








No comments:

Post a Comment