Friday, June 12, 2020

White Fragility by Robin Diangelo




by



Yesterday morning on my way to work I finished listening to the audio book White Fragility.  It is a book targeted at an audience of white progressives.  Some of the points the author makes I was aware of because I interact rather frequently with white people who are very defensive when anything related to race is brought up.  But some perspectives that the author brought up were totally new to me.  Since listening to this book, I am now aware of the importance of listening more and sharing my opinion less when it comes to race.  There is an abundance of extremely articulate information that is well presented in books and movies that can deepen my understanding.  Please follow the links by clicking on the author's name and book title above. And click on the links that follow for information on other material available to deepen our understanding about race.  Finally enjoy the videos that are posted at the end of this blog.  

I have read these books and recommend them:

I have watched these films and recommend them:

My "to read" list includes:

There are many more books and movies that have been available for a long time.  To remain ignorant about the issue of race is not an acceptable choice.  It is a life long journey to continue to learn about racism and not something that we learned in school and then know all we need to know.  









No comments:

Post a Comment