Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng



by


The March selection for my library's daytime book group was Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.  It has been in my audible app since I first started listening to it in February.  I finally finished listening to it this morning.   It is not a bad book but very young adult like and the story really didn't suck me in.  It is a story of haves and have nots.  It is a story of freedom verses stability.  A single mom, who lives with her teenaged daughter in a transient lifestyle, rents a home in an affluent Cleveland suburb from an upper middle class mom of four teenagers.  The friendships that form change them all.  Hulu made an original series out of the book.  This novel won all sorts of awards and many people loved it.  Please follow the links by clicking on the book title and the author's name above.  And enjoy the video trailer of the TV series that follows.  





No comments:

Post a Comment