Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Daring Greatly by Brene Brown

 




by


Several months ago I listened to Brene Brown's TED talks.  She has a couple of really good TED talks out there and since watching them I have had her on my radar as an author who I wanted to read some of her books.  I also have a goal to rotate some personal development reading into my life.  I chose Daring Greatly to listen to on audio this past few weeks.  Brene writes it isn't about winning or losing - it is about courage.  She covers the topics of interpersonal relationships, work relationships, spousal relationships and parent/child relationships.  The author talks alot about self image,  loving ourselves and feelings of worthiness.   She refers Theodore Roosevelt's famous speech throughout the book.  See the video below for the one minute portion of the speech Brene uses as the underpinning of her book.  I found the book helpful and recommend others read it.  I will look forward to reading more of Brene Brown's books.  Remember to click on the book title and author's name above to follow the link to more information.  




No comments:

Post a Comment