Sunday, October 4, 2020

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson

 





by 




The local daytime library book group selected this book for one of their selections last spring.  My work schedule required me to stop attending the meetings but I still enjoyed the books that they picked for last year.  I am very late in finally getting this one completed.  I listened to it on audio and even though I am not currently commuting as much as I used to be, I could have finished it much sooner by utilizing the time I am walking or while driving to other places.  But to be honest, this book is not a favorite.  It was good enough to finish.  But not interesting enough to me to draw me back into it.  It is the story of a woman who is born over and over with some residual memory of past lives.  Therefore she attempts to correct the tragedies from prior lives.   She is adult during WWII and experiences all the bombings in London.  She even died during the  bombing of Berlin in one life.  So she gets the idea that if Hitler could be stopped the world would be a better place.  The book ends with her apparently shooting him but I am unsure as to whether or not she wounded him or killed him.  It is an odd book.  There is a sequel and I do not intend to read it.  Please follow the links by clicking on the book title or author's name above.  And watch the video that follows.







No comments:

Post a Comment