Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Book Woman Of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele RIcharson

 



by



Sometimes I run across an audio book that I not only listen to when I am in the car but I pop in my ear buds when I am walking and even while I dust or fold laundry and work on other household tasks.  The Book Woman Of Troublesome Creek is one of those books.   My sister in law was reading it and recommended it.  She did not steer me wrong.  I have mentioned it to several people and told them how much I liked it.  It is a book about a young woman who is a pack horse librarian during the depression in the Appalachian mountains.  She is considered by many of her community to be a different race because her skin is blue due to a little known type of anemia.  I became tearful at least three times during the book.  Kim Michele Richardson has written a beautiful story.  Please click on the book title and author's name above to follow links to more information and enjoy the video that follows.  And take the time to read or listen to this book.  It is one of the best I have enjoyed this year.  





No comments:

Post a Comment