Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Mirror by Marlys Millhiser




by



Several months ago, one of my cousins on FB mentioned she was re-reading a book she had enjoyed in the past entitled The Mirror by Marlys Millhiser.  I looked it up and promptly added it to my Amazon Smile wish list so that I could download it to my kindle at a later date.   About a week ago I decided that day had come and I downloaded and began to read the novel.  Talk about a page turner!  This book is one of those "just one more chapter"  books that can keep you up too late at night.  It may well be considered young adult fiction.  It was written in 1978 so strikes a chord with me since I graduated from high school in 1975.   The book is divided into three parts.  The first part is about a young woman on the night before her wedding night who,  looking into an antique  mirror that has been in the family for generations,  is suddenly transported back to  her grandmother's time and into her grandmother's body the night before her grandmother's wedding.  The second part is about the mother of the girl in present times and the daughter of the grandmother in the early 1900s.  The third part of the book is about the grandmother who ends up in the grand daughter's body and time during the night before the weddings switch.  Each woman makes the best of the cards dealt to her and it is a book about what life styles women have dealt with through out the 20th Century.  I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it as good chick lit.  Please click on the title and author's name above to follow links to more information.  And  enjoy the video that follows which is about the town in Colorado that the grandmother in the story lives most of her adult life in.  





No comments:

Post a Comment