Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Girls Night Out At The Movies





I went to see the movie Inside Out with a friend this pm.  I had been told by a fellow nurse that her grade school age children did not like the movie.  They said it was not funny.  The young children in the theater tonight did not seem to get much from the movie.  And the friend I went with didn't think it made much sense.  But I loved the movie.  I cried a couple times and felt it really explained about how you need to have sadness along with joy and how if you let anger or fear get out of control it can be very destructive.  I felt it demonstrated how sadness can bring us through to a deeper joy and a more mature experience.  I think you have to have a mind that functions  a little abstractly to grasp a lot of the movie and most kids don't think abstractly according to Piaget before adolescence.   Therefore I have reservations about considering this a children's movie.    Never the less,  this 58 year old grandma really liked it and I would encourage people to go see this movie and judge for themselves what they think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment