Sunday, June 21, 2009

Book For The Week of 6/22/09




Edited by


From the Publisher

GROW OLD ALONG WITH ME-THE BEST IS YET TO BE is a celebration of aging as only Sandra Martz (editor of the million-copy bestseller WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN I SHALL WEAR PURPLE) can bring us. This honest, vibrant, and heartwarming collection of writings from both women and men explores the journey through midlife and into old age. "The voices of older Americans come through loud, clear, and artistic." (Mother Jones)
From grandmothers coaxing their muscles in dance class to fathers challenging sons in the games of baseball and of life, from a love-struck widow seeking predictions from a mysterious fortune teller to a woman tenderly reassuring her husband that she has "no hunger for young flesh," the voices in this unique volume reach beyond the page to touch our hearts, enrich our souls, and transform our perception of aging.
Whether newlyweds or celebrating milestone anniversaries, this charming collection, "written from experience and from the heart" (Publishers Weekly), will be a cherished gift. The audiocassette edition was a 1996 Grammy finalist. --This text refers to the Paperback edition. 

(The last few poems I have posted have been from this anthology.  Click on the title to find the book available for purchase.  Click on the editor's name to learn more about her.)

2 comments:

  1. It sound like something I would understand............I am now reading mostly on my computer and my Kindle because of dimming vision.......I can enlarge the text on both, so, unless and until this is available in that format I will have to take your word...I used to have a framed copy of the "When I'm an old woman" poem, but now that I am I find I never wear purple with a red hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't find it on kindle but there is a place to ask for it in kindle if you follow the link through the book title.

    ReplyDelete