Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gene Stratton Porter/ Geneva Home




A couple of years ago I posted a photo album of my visit to Gene Stratton Porter's Rome City Indiana Home. When my friend Linda and I visited it we decided we would like to visit her home in Geneva Indiana too. We did that yesterday and unfortunately I forgot my camera. The following shots are taken with my phone. After touring her home we drove to a nearby wetlands area that is being restored. One of the things Gene Stratton Porter is known for is her conservation efforts. Read more about her - http://www.bsu.edu/ourlandourlit/literature/authors/portergs.htm

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to read the entire link, but I admire her so much for her efforts in conservation. Beautiful pics of the marshland and restoration. A place I would like to wander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know exactly what part of MI you are in Benne but I bet you would enjoy visiting both of the Gene Stratton Porter sites here in North East Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are really nice photos! Beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dude. I guess they are pretty good pics for being taken with a phone. Are you familiar with Gene Stratton Porter's work?

    ReplyDelete