Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kevin's Law




Robert Kenner's Website can be found HERE.
This evening was my Tuesday with Mark.  I eat beef once a month still.  So after going out to a local bar and grill for a great meal of prime rib we stopped at the video rental and Food Inc was in.  I have been wanting to see it for a few months now and it is always checked out.  The documentary touches on many issues.   I was probably the most unaware and shocked by the seed issue the farmers have to deal with.  It amazed me that a large company has obtained a patent on seed and prevent farmers from saving their own season to season.   On another note,  the part of the movie about Kevin's Law was especially heartbreaking.  Kevin's grandmother wrote a blog that can be found  HERE.  

In the following video Kevin's mother tells his story.



3 comments:

  1. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-510

    According to Kevin's grandmother's blog Kevin's law was introduced for the last time in 2005. The bill she blogs about, S.510, looks like it fared no better according to the above link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not aware of this but I do have a book on my list... I believe it is Farm Factory... I have the author being interviewed and it's amazing how our farm animals are being enslaved... and now we can't get rid of the poop and it is pollluting the waterways... I'll check the name of the book - I have it written down in the other room... I want to not be afraid to eat and I think poultry and eggs are two or the worst abuses... This was a heart wrenching story - when you think how this could happen to your child or your grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please check on the title and author of the book and let me know. This is a subject I want to inform myself about.

    ReplyDelete