Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pulling My Head Out Of The Sand For A Moment

I have been coming home from work,  quickly checking messages online, on to the  shower and then into bed with my kindle on which I have been reading fiction.   Therefore I have been calmer than I have been in years.  Calm but out of touch with what is going on.  Oh,  I did notice a hurricane on the east coast.   This pm I checked a few sites a little deeper and felt compelled to re post a video and add some links.   I find it makes me feel better to avoid products that are putting money into people's hands that act in ways I don't agree with.   Here is a list for you from the Democrats for Progress site:

Koch Industry Gasoline:

Chevron
Union
Union 76
Conoco

Koch Industry/Georgia-Pacific Products:

Angel Soft toilet paper
Brawny paper towels
Dixie plates, bowls, napkins and cups
Mardi Gras napkins and towels
Quilted Northern toilet paper
Soft 'n Gentle toilet paper
Sparkle napkins
Vanity fair napkins
Zee napkins

Koch Industry/Invista Products:

COMFOREL® fiberfill
COOLMAX® fabric
CORDURA® fabric
DACRON® fiber
POLYSHIELD® resin
SOLARMAX® fabric
SOMERELLE® bedding products
STAINMASTER® carpet
SUPPLEX® fabric
TACTEL® fiber
TACTESSE® carpet fiber
TERATE® polyols
TERATHANE® polyether glycol
THERMOLITE® fabric
PHENREZ® resin
POLARGUARD® fiber and
LYCRA® fiber

Georgia Pacific Building products

Dense Armor Drywall and Decking
ToughArmor Gypsum board
Georgia pacific Plytanium Plywood
Flexrock
Densglass sheathing
G/P Industrial plasters (some products used by a lot of crafters)-
Agricultural Plaster
Arts & Crafts Plaster
Dental Plaster
General Purpose Plaster
Glass-reinforced Gypsum (GRG)
Industrial Tooling Plaster
Investment Casting Plaster
Medical Plaster
Metal Casting Plaster
Pottery Plaster

FibreStrong Rim board
G/P Lam board
Blue Ribbon OSB Rated Sheathing
Blue Ribbon Sub-floor
DryGuard Enhanced OSB
Nautilus Wall Sheathing
Thermostat OSB Radiant Barrier Sheathing
Broadspan Engineered Wood Products
XJ 85 I-Joists
FireDefender Banded Cores
FireDefender FS
FireDefender Mineral Core
Hardboard and Thin MDF including Auto Hardboard,
Perforated Hardboard and Thin MDF
Wood Fiberboard -
Commercial Roof Fiberboard
Hushboard Sound Deadening Board
Regular Fiberboard Sheathing
Structural Fiberboard Sheathing  

Furthermore,  follow this link for organizations that (if you think like me)  you might want to avoid giving money or support to. 

Then watch the following video.  Different Day Same Sh*#.  Although an older name than what they call themselves today.  Keep up the good fight folks.  It has been going on since the formation of our country.  I stay on the side of   Thomas Jefferson,  Lincoln,  FDR,  Carter, Clinton,  and Obama.  It seems clear to me that people don't play fair unless there are rules.  So I support regulation to prevent abuses of the people.  People like the man in this video scare me.



Now back to my kindle and my fiction. 

5 comments:

  1. very true Mary Ann we are now the United Corporate states Of America and we are in deep corporate s---

    ReplyDelete
  2. apparently Bachmann. Perry and Palin don't have faith in our founding fathers they have faith in the corporations who supported these early patriots...they are sold out flunkies for the wealthy in this country and that's a FACT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think many republicans are shying away from the republican party due to the fringe movement. Most people in our country Mike are in the middle of the road. If people look at Obama and don't listen to the far right fringe ads then they will see he is pretty much in the center on lots of issues. Oh and by the way (wink) I am a Mary Ellen not a Mary Ann. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhh...red faced me :) :)....sorry Marry Ellen..there are two or three Marry Ann''s who make comments from time to time....sorry you Marry's are all so pretty it's hard to tell ya a part..lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries Mike. I mix people's names up all the time.

    ReplyDelete