Friday, September 30, 2011

Vacation September 2011 - The Freedom Center

  If you have been over to my photo's section you know that my most recent posts of pictures were of my visit to Harriet Beecher Stowe's house this past Tuesday.   After we finished that tour we headed over to The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center.  As I mentioned, getting to The Stowe House was no easy matter.  GPS is very much needed if you ever decide to go there.   In the same manner if you travel to The Freedom Center in Cincinnati Ohio be sure and bring the GPS.  I am sure I hold the award for the most U turns in Cincinnati for one day.   No photographs are taken inside The Freedom Center and I forgot to take one of the outside.  I was flustered from being lost when I got there and too blown away from the exhibits when I left to think of it.   As a result I share a video of the facility with you.   Also the second video explains there is an IPOD app of the museum.  I downloaded it before I went so that I could play the audio/videos for each display as I looked at them.   But if you download the free app you can see the exhibits just as they are in the museum.   I highly recommend if you can't get to Cincinnati to visit The Freedom Center that you take the time to view the app and share it with everyone you know.

1 comment: