Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Of The Week 9/13/2013: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn



by


I will never look at the colleague who recommended that I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn in quite the same way.  She insisted that it was one of the best books she read last year but it is one of the most twisted things I have ever experienced.  The fact that it spent eight weeks on the New York Times bestseller list is a chilling statement of the condition of our society.  I listened to this book on audio and I not only  found it very depressing but it made me want to grab my children away from all possible relationships and run from relationships myself.  If a person liked the movie Fatal Attraction back in 1987 then perhaps they will like Gone Girl.    More information can be obtained from clicking on the title and author's name above and from listening to the video below.  Or experience the book yourself - at your own risk.  



No comments:

Post a Comment