Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lizard King: the True Crimes and Passions of the World's Greatest Reptile Smugglers by Bryan Christy



by





This is a non-fiction book about the international illegal trade of reptiles, and  a real eye opener.  I never would have read this book if it wasn't the Wilmington Library's Book Group Selection for April 7th.   I don't read a lot of non fiction in the form of books but instead prefer my non fiction in the form of articles.  Books I prefer fiction with historical fiction being my genre.  Nevertheless this is a well written book about a topic that I was not really aware of.  Not only does it talk about the key players in this form of  smuggling but it also discusses the law enforcement issues surrounding the illegal importing and market of exotic reptiles.  The book begins back in the 1970s but continues to present times as the problems in this area continue to this date.  I think the book is well written and clearly explains the situation.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links to more information.  And enjoy the video below of an even more recent news event that took place after the books publication.



No comments:

Post a Comment