Saturday, March 29, 2014

Paper Flower Wedding Bouquet



I decided that I did not want fresh flower for our elopement.  I looked online for dried or silk arrangements and felt that they were way to pricey.  As I searched I came across many different ways to make paper flowers.  Since I am not to craftsie,  I chose two of the less complicated directions and combined them into what I wanted.  I also refined as I went along.  I made a dozen paper flowers and was happy with how they turned out.  


This is a picture of my supplies.  I picked up a French/English dictionary from Goodwill for one dollar.  I bought some scrap book card stock,  floral tape,  floral wires,  and ink pads.  From home I gathered two different sized glasses to make the rounds,  an empty spray bottle and filled it with water,  scissors, paper toweling,  and wire pliers.  


I tore out some pages from the dictionary that I had paid a dollar for at Goodwill. 


I trimmed off the rough edge where I had tore it from the book. 


I drew around a cup to make a round circle. 


I cut out the circle.


I folded the circle in half.  


and in half again - two more times


Then I cut it into a rounded like shape leaving the bottom uncut.  Kind of like we did for hearts back in school days.  


I unfolded it and it looked like this.  


This is how it looked before I started cutting. 


I don't know if you can tell by this how and where I cut the folded paper or not. 


Another step in the cutting out.  


This is the type of scrap book card stock I bought.  So much I saw was brighter colors than I wanted.  This tablet had more deep and subtle colors.  


Here are some of the pages from the tablet.  I used a variety of all the colors in the tablet.  


I used a slightly larger cup to make the circles for the card stock and drew around it as before. 


I followed the same steps I did with the dictionary pages. 



I sprayed the card stock pedals with water and put them on a paper towel so they would not bleed onto my table and discolor it. 


I crumbled them up into a ball and opened the ink pads so they were ready. 


I pressed the edge of each onto one of the ink pads.  I did this with various color combinations and some of the flowers I did not edge with ink at all.  


I then wadded up the book flower pedals.  


This is the floral wire and buttons with two holes. 


I threaded the wire up one hole. 


and down the other one


Then I twisted the wire. 


I used wire pliers to twist it all the way to the end and made a stem.  


Starting with one of the word pedals I stacked them in the order I wanted.  I used four word pedals and four differed colored card stock pedals. 


I stuck the pedal circles through the stem starting with a word one and ending with a colored card stock one and squeezed it together. 


After it dried I gently pulled out the parts of the flower and opened it a bit. 





When I finished a dozen of the individual flowers I twisted their stems into a bouquet.  



I purchased some wire ribbon to finish it off.   I trimmed the ribbon shorter than it is in this picture. 






No comments:

Post a Comment