Sunday, March 2, 2014

Tara Road by Maeve Binchy



by





Every once in awhile I listen to an audio book that makes me want to drive around the block a couple times before I stop where ever I happen to be going,  just so I can listen a little bit longer.  Tara Road by Maeve Binchy is one of those books.   While the novel definitely  falls into the "chick lit"  category and is a gossipy thing,  I found myself really sucked into the story.  Ria is an Irish  woman who was married in the 1980s and in mid life finds herself alone due to her husband choosing to be with  a younger woman.  Marilyn is about the same age,  lives in America,  and her teen aged son has been killed in a motorbike accident.  Both want to get away to think things through and they experience an accidental phone call meeting in which they decide to switch homes for the summer.  All the life experiences of friends and families in both locations intertwine into a delightful story of friendship, heartache,  and personal growth.   Tara Road was announced into Oprah's book club in September of 1999 and in March of 2014 it is the book that my library book club in Columbia City is reading.  Even though I have moved away I am trying to read along with them and such times as they meet in a place that has WiFi I hope to join in via face time.   Please be sure and click on the title and author's name above for more information and enjoy the video that follows:


No comments:

Post a Comment