Sunday, November 8, 2015

Product Review With Food Prep Idea - Salad Shears.



Ever since Subway started serving chopped salads I have looked for a tool like they use.  Most of the time when I find one,  it is for sale in a package with a cutting board.  And since I have plenty of cutting boards I kept passing on the salad chopper.  A couple of weeks ago,  when I was purchasing an immersion blender,  I happened to double check and JC Penny had one on sale for almost half the normal price so I grabbed it.  This afternoon I used it for the first time and it worked fine.  I used half of one of those spring greens plastic bins you buy in the grocery.  I have been buying those in spite of the non environmentally friendly packaging because they stay fresh longer than when I buy the bags, while still offering more variety than a head of ice berg lettuce.   I added a half cup of quinoa cooked from one of those mixes that have the seasoning in them.  Since you add olive oil in the preparation of the quinoa box mix I do not find any dressing needed on my salad.  Then I added a cooked chicken breast patty.  I took a deep breath and left off grated cheese,  croutons and bacon bits.  In the bowl with all those ingredients I used my salad chopper.  It turned out just like the ones at subway.  Usually at subway I get either the turkey or the tuna chopped salad and I am looking forward to trying them both at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment