Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Walnut Tree: A Holiday Tale by Charles Todd





by


Driving home tonight,  I finished listening to The Walnut Tree by Charles Todd.   It would be considered a historical romance and while I prefer a historical novel with a little romance to a romance novel with a little history, nevertheless I enjoyed this book.  It is about a nurse during WWI.  As an RN, I enjoy hearing about what nurses experiences may have been like during various time frames.  This book is not a real long book and it would be considered light reading.  It is a good choice for this time of year as it has a Christmas scene in it.  It is the second book I have read by Charles Todd and I will probably read more when I need a break from heavier books.  The novel was entertaining and enjoyable.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the three links to more information and enjoy the video that follows.  Also more photos of WWI nurses can be found HERE.  



No comments:

Post a Comment