Sunday, November 1, 2015

Product review with recipe ideas: Stuff-a-Burger



I bought a few kitchen toys last week.  One was from a middle school fund raiser.  It is called a Stuff-a-burger.  I used it for the first time at lunch today.  It is pretty cool.  I did have to disassemble it and not use it as one piece.  Two pieces worked better for me instead of the hinged lid part.  And while using the ground chuck for Bruce's burgers it worked better than when using my ground turkey,  I found for my ground Turkey I had to press the bottom part into the bowl part and up the sides with my hands and once that part was formed, I used the utensil to flatten the meat on top and seal the burger around the stuffings.   For the stuffing, in Bruce's ground chuck burgers I used chopped onion,  chopped mushrooms and grated cheddar cheese and he ate his on a hamburger bun.  In my ground turkey burger,  the centers had chopped onion,  chopped mushroom and a mixture I use for various things.  It is comprised of plain yogurt with dry onion soup mix and ranch dressing mix stirred in.  I use this mixture as a veggie dip,  as a spread in place of mayo and in this case I substituted it for the grated cheese.  I placed my turkey burger on a slimwich sandwich bun. Since we were out of propane on the tanks on the gas grill I cooked them in separate non stick skillets with no added oil.   This was the most moist turkey burger I ever have had.  Bruce said he liked his hamburger too. It was  fun to use a new kitchen gadget and the results were yummy.  I think it would be a good kid kitchen craft as the children could pick from various items what they wanted to stuff their personal burger with.  I feel it was well spent money that supported a good cause.  

No comments:

Post a Comment