Saturday, July 16, 2016

The Ancestors I Have Met Challenge



Here is a photo of my maternal great grandmother Mary Etta Hildebrand Funk with my older siblings.  My sister was three when I was born and my brother two so I am assuming I met this great grandmother also.  



You can participate in the challenge HERE.  The ancestors I have met are:


Charlotte Ann Rairigh Rohrer - (1930 - 1990) My mother.  She was born in Miami County Indiana.  She lived in several towns and cities in the midwest United States.  She died in Whitley County Indiana.

Thelma Funk - (1911-1993) My maternal grandmother.  She lived in Cass and Miami County Indiana.

Loyd Rairigh - (1911 - 1984) My maternal grandfather.  He lived in Miami County Indiana.

Georgia Ethel Shepler Rairigh  - (1886 - 1967) My maternal great grandmother and my mother's paternal grandmother. She lived in Miami County Indiana.

Fred Edwin Rohrer - (1903 -1985) My paternal grandfather. He was born in Miami County Indiana.  Lived in Downers Grove Indiana.  Died in Starke County Indiana.

Doris Ellen Shively - (1908 -1994) My paternal grandmother. She was born in Miami County Indiana and died in Allen County Indiana.  I was named my middle given name after her middle given name.

Alice Wilson - (1886 - 1978) My paternal step great grandmother.  She lived in Miami County Indiana.

There are two more that I have no recollection of but I would have been born while they were still alive so I may have met them.

Harry Albert Funk - (1875 -1957) My maternal great grandfather and my mother's maternal grandfather. He lived in Cass County Indiana.

Mary Etta Hildebrand - (1875 - 1959) My maternal great grandmother and my mother's maternal grandfather. She lived in Cass County Indiana.  I was named after her for my first given name.

So I claim to have met nine ancestors.




No comments:

Post a Comment