Monday, July 4, 2016

A Visit To President Garfield's Home 7/3/16


Me outside the visitor's center at President Garfield's Home in Mentor Ohio yesterday.



A few years ago as a selection for my reading group when I lived in Indiana,  I read a book called Destiny Of The Republic by Candace Miller.   The book made enough of an impression on me that not only did I blog about it twice, once HERE and once HERE,  but I have had aspirations ever since to visit Garfield's home in Ohio.  Yesterday I realized that goal when my husband Bruce and I visited the National Historic Site in Mentor Ohio that was President Garfield's home.  We spent about an hour and a half there and took the tour of the inside of the home.  If one visits on the first Saturday of the month there is a much longer tour that can be taken, but it is best taken after one goes on the shorter tour that we did yesterday because the same areas are not repeated in the longer tour.   There is also a museum display at the visitor's center along with a nice gift shop.  The grounds are beautiful and we took a nice walk around the house.  Learn more about visiting there HERE and enjoy the video that follows. 





No comments:

Post a Comment