Friday, October 21, 2016

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer






and
Potato Peel Pie Society 
by
and 
Annie Barrows

 The library monthly daytime reading group at my local library that I attend read this delightful book this month.  I had read it back in 2010 and reviewed it HERE.   I listened to it on audio CD then and I listened to it on my iPod this time.  It is very nicely read by multiple voices in the audio version of the book.   The novel is about the occupation of the Island of Guernsey during WWII.  It is a series of letters from the islanders to an author.  The friendship that forms between the author and the islanders  makes for a warm story that also teaches the reader what it was like for people to struggle  to survive  during the occupation.   This book is one of those that sticks with you.  I was glad for the opportunity to listen to it again.  For those that like love stories,  for those that like historical novels,  for those that are WWII history buffs - this is the book for you.  Please follow the links in this blog post for more information and enjoy the video that follows.  



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment