Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Euphoria by Lily King



by



     This month's selection for my local library reading group is Euphoria by Lily King.   It is a fictional novel that grew out of the love story of Margaret Mead and Gregory Bateson.   The ending of the fictional novel is much different than the real life story but it was this romance that inspired Lily King as she wrote this book.  I listened to the book on audio and it held my interest.  I did not find myself sympathetic to any of the three main characters in the book but I did admire the descriptions the author used in her writing.  I especially liked how she frequently brought the sense of smell to life in the story.  I don't think this book will make my top ten list for 2017 but I did enjoy it and would like to read more about Margaret Mead as a result of this novel.  Please follow the links above and enjoy the video that follows.  



No comments:

Post a Comment