Sunday, January 29, 2017

Saturday Night Genealogy Challenge - Three Degrees of Separation - Part II

I decided I wanted to do a Part II of last night's post.  Yesterday I did my main paternal line.  Today I would like to share my main maternal line.

To refresh everyone's memory the challenge was:

Using your ancestral lines, how far back in time can you go with three degrees of separation?  That means "you knew an ancestor, who knew another ancestor, who knew another ancestor."  When was that third ancestor born?

And the link to find the original challenge post and the links to the other entries can be found HERE.  



My mother's maiden name was Rairigh.  Her father I knew well but his father died before I was born. My grandfather's name was Loyd Hazen Rairigh (1911-1984)



This is a photo of my grandfather Loyd Rairigh with his first three children.  My mother is in the middle.  

Loyd Rairigh was the son of William Harve Rairigh and Georgia Shepler Rairigh.  Harve was born in 1884 and died in 1956.  A year before I was born.  I remember Grandma Georgie.  


This is a photo of Georgie and Harve Rairigh.


William Harve was the son of James Quinter Rairigh (1850-1911) and Louisa Dickey Rairigh.  


I don't have a picture of James Q Rairigh or his wife but here is their gravestone.   They are buried in the Metzger Cemetery in Miami County Indiana. 


James Quinter Rairigh was the son of Reverend Samuel Rairigh (1816-1899) and Barbara Berkey.   But since Samuel's father George Rairigh (1793-1856) didn't die till 1856 James Q  might have met him since he was born in 1850.  But I am not sure because I think James Q Rairigh was likely born in Darke County Ohio because that is where he married Lydia,  and Samuel died in Pennsylvania.  


Rev. Samuel Rairigh went to Kansas in 1880 and died there.  This is his gravestone.






Rev. George Rairigh's gravestone.  He died in Pennsylvania.



The images that follow are a biography of Rev. George Rairigh. 











No comments:

Post a Comment