Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk



by


On my way home from work this night, I finished listening to the novel The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk.   It is a very long book but I am looking forward to the sequel.  The Winds Of War is the story of a navy man and his family on the eve of World War II.  I have read and listened to a great many WWII books and this has to be my second favorite, second only to Ken Follett's treatment of the second world war in his century trilogy.  Wouk treats the subject more conservatively than Follett but it is still a classic and an excellent book.  I am not sure how I managed not to read this book till now.  It was published in the 1970's and there was a mini series that was very popular that I didn't see either.  I am looking forward to seeing it soon.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow links to more information and enjoy the video that follows.  If you have not read the book or watched the mini series do not delay any longer.  This book will definitely make my top ten list for 2017.  I highly recommend it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment