Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Answering The Call: A Commenorative Tribute to Nursing In WWI



from

The U.S. Government
The U.S. Military
The Department Of Defense
The U.S. Army
and 


As I explained in my post prior to this one,  I am working on a project connected to the nurses who served in WWI.  That post can be read HERE.  As a result for the next year or so I will read some back ground books from time to time.  One of those books is this non fiction about about the Army Nurses in WWI.  This book provides a clear explanation of the various types of medical facilities used in the war.  For example the base hospital was farther from the battle field from the camp hospital which was farther from the front lines than the mobile units.  This has been helpful to me as I look for where the nurses I am researching were, to recognize the various facilities.  Overall the book explains in a clear manner much of the information I need to know for the project I am working on.  It is also an interesting book.  So as we approach the centennial of the end of WWI on Armistice Day 2018,  this is a good book to add to one's reading list.  Please click on the links above for more information and enjoy the video that follows.  






No comments:

Post a Comment