Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Ohio's Program 60 - My Second Experience

Almost a year ago I wrote about my first experience with Ohio's Program 60.  That post can be found HERE.   I did not take a second term in the summer because I wanted to take a longer class.  I enjoyed that first summer session but it was a great deal of information to cover in one month.  In the fall I made an  error in getting signed up.  I do find the computer enrollment a bit of a challenge at OSU.  But I managed to figure out the system well enough to get signed up again for a class that started in January and class is ending this week.  I took the final quiz Monday and turned in my final essay yesterday.  The class I took this time was an overview of Ohio History.  For text books we used Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance and Builders of Ohio by Warren Van Tine and Michael Pierce.  We also watched two or three video lectures a week that were presented by our professor Russ (William) Coil .  We took weekly quizzes and participated in weekly discussions.  There were longer mid-term and final quizzes and a six page paper to write for midterms and finals.  Since I am a Hoosier transplant to Ohio and did not have the background in grade school of Ohio History, this class was a great overview for me.  I would like to audit a more in depth history class sometime in the future.  I would also like to audit some classes in writing.  If you are enrolled in Program 60 there are many benefits besides auditing classes.  There are student prices for athletic events and Amazon Prime discounts.  I am often finding new things I can use my OSU student status for.  I highly recommend Program60 for seniors in Ohio.  To learn more about the program click HERE and enjoy the video that follows.


No comments:

Post a Comment