Wednesday, July 17, 2019

The Vengeance of Mothers by Jim Fergus




by


     This is the third novel by Jim Fergus I have listened to on audio.  The first one I listened to by this author I liked so well I have listened to it three times.  The name of it is "1000 White Women".  The novel I just finished, "The Vengeance of Mothers", is a sequel to "1000 White Women" and again,  I enjoyed it very much.  It picks up the story where the other one ended, the massacre of a Native American village in the late 1800s and covers several months that follow.  A handful of new white women come west by mistake with the debunked "brides for Indians" program and the adventures continue.   These two books are just fun reads.  They are not realistic novels in some ways but are historically accurate in other areas.   I have also read Jim Fergus' novel called "The Wild Girl" and found it too very enjoyable.  If you don't read this author's works you are missing out.  Please click on the book title and author's name above to learn more and enjoy the video that follows.  The video is the first few minutes of the book being read aloud.  



No comments:

Post a Comment