Monday, July 8, 2019

Year Of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks






by



     About four months ago I read my first book by Geraldine Brooks.  This pm I finished my second.  I really enjoyed both books and will read more of her work.  The first book review can be found HERE.  But this post is about the second book I read by this author and it is entitled Year  Of Wonders.  This novel is historical fiction.  It is the story of a town that was stuck by plague in 1665 in England and  the experiences of a woman named Ann as the year of contagion progressed.  I highly recommend this book.  I enjoyed it very much.  I had trouble putting it down.  I did not begin to guess what would happen next as  the story unfolded and was often on the edge of my seat.   Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links and  learn more.  And enjoy the video that follows which describes the true story the novel is based on.  If you don't read this book you will be missing out.  




No comments:

Post a Comment