Monday, September 30, 2019

HBO's Chernobyl







     While most of the country watched the HBO mini-series "Chernobyl" last May,  we watched finally watched it last month.  I don't usually blog about television but in case any one missed it,  this five episode show is not one to let slip by.  The nuclear disaster, Chernobyl, took place in 1986 in the Soviet Union.  I know I went about my daily business and did not realize at the time what danger was so near to all of Europe.  Un-contained, I am sure the damage would have impacted the entire world eventually.  In addition to the television show there is an accompanying podcast series that gives a great deal of fascinating back ground information.  There were many things that caught my attention during watching and listening.  One thing was that while the show portrays the corruption in the leadership of the Soviet Union at that time, it also shows the deep belief of the common Russian men and women who were willing to sacrifice their lives for the safety of the larger community.  I was very impressed with their commitment to society at large.  Follow the links above in the title to find the mini-series and the podcast and enjoy the trailer that follows.  I highly recommend taking time to watch and listen to this production.



No comments:

Post a Comment