Thursday, May 14, 2020

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley



by


On the flight home from Phoenix, Monday morning, I finished up reading The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley.  It was actually January's selection of the local library book group so I am way behind on this one.  Mysteries are not my genre of choice but I do enjoy an occasional one and this book did entertain me.  It is about a very bright  young girl named Flavia who loves chemistry.  She is a person who is curious about the world.  A dead body shows up in her family's garden and her father is arrested.  Flavia sets out to solve the mystery.   She is in danger at times and there are exciting parts to this book.  My main complaint about mysteries overall is that I usually have them solved way before the story ends.  While I was right about "who done it",  in this case I was not able to piece together the particulars till it was explained.  Therefore the book was better than many mysteries are for me.   Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links to more information and enjoy the video that follows.  In my opinion the book is G rated and suitable for all audiences.  







No comments:

Post a Comment