Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Book For The Week - 3/10/2011

Walden

by

Henry David Thoreau




I took the above photo while on vacation to the Boston area last fall.  It is taken in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Concord Massachusetts and is of the Thoreau family grave plot.  The day we spent in Concord we visited a house called The Manse that was related to Ralph Waldo Emerson and Nathanial Hawthorne,  we visited the home where Louisa Mae Alcott grew up,  and toward the end of the day we drove by Walden Pond.  It was too close to dark and raining too hard to get out of the car and explore but even driving by it was clear that the area was beautiful.  I promised myself to expose myself to the works of Emerson, Hawthorne, Alcott,  and Thoreau and tonight as I walked on my treadmill after work I finished up listening to Walden in an audio format.  It was a beautiful book.  As always click on the author's name and the book title to follow links to learn more.   And below find both a video of the area and below it and audio  presentation of the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment