Friday, March 18, 2016

Women In My Family History: Part 17



Sarah Armstrong Jacobs

1766 - 1842


Sarah Armstrong was born in 1766 in Derry Ireland.  Her parents died and she immigrated to America in 1774 with her uncle and her brother.  Her uncle settled near Germantown Pennsylvania and was a paper maker.    Her brother fought in the revolution.  I have never been able to find out enough about Sarah to satisfy my curiosity.  She caught my interest because she immigrated to a new land as an orphan.   I continue to search for more information about the family.  I suspect,  since she immigrated from Ireland  in the late 1700s instead of the mid 1800s,  that she was Scots Irish.  I have not confirmed that but the majority of the people that immigrated from Ireland during that time frame were Scots Irish. More can be learned about the Scots Irish HERE.  Hopefully,  more information about this family will be found in the future.  Periodically I do a new search and send out a new email query.   In 1787 Sarah married John Jacobs and they settled in McVeyTown Pennsylvania and had eleven children.  One of their sons was named David who had a son named David George.  David George had a daughter named Carrie Bell.  Carrie married Anthony LeRoy Shively and their daughter was my father's mother.  Please enjoy the video that follows.  And click on the images to read more. 








No comments:

Post a Comment