Sunday, May 28, 2017

Advanced Genealogy Research Techniques by George G. Morgan and Drew Smith




by

and


When I attended the 2016 Ohio Genealogical Society Annual Conference one of the workshops I enjoyed was presented by George G. Morgan.  He did an excellent job explaining naturalization records.  When I attended the 2017 OGS conference one of the workshops I enjoyed was presented by Drew Smith.  He did an excellent job explaining cluster research.  Since the annual conference this year I have been meaning to purchase their book Advanced Genealogy Research Techniques.   I was excited to find it in the digital collection of the State Library Of Ohio and I put it on hold so that I could read it on my Kindle app when it became available.  I downloaded it on Friday and have been devouring it since,  just finishing it up at a minute ago.  I do not consider myself a beginner researcher but I am not an advanced one either.  When asked I say I am at an intermediate level.  This book covered some of what I already knew and introduced to me some new ideas and information.  There is so much really outstanding explanations in it that I still intend to buy it so that I can easily refer back to it later.  I am trying to decide if I want a digital copy or a paper back copy.   The book explains things in easy to understand language with easy to understand analogies that teach the techniques presented.  I have already highly recommended it to some of the other researchers I correspond with and I will continue to do so.  Please be sure and click on the book title and authors' names above to follow four links to further information.  And to click HERE to find their podcasts and learn more from these two men.   I find their presentations very informative.  



No comments:

Post a Comment