Monday, July 17, 2017

Saturday Night Challenge - Unbroken Chain of Gravestones

I was away this past weekend so am very late in posting an entry to the Saturday Night Challenge.  It can be found HERE along with the other people's links who participated.  And if you don't want to follow the link the challenge is:

1)  Determine what is your longest unbroken line of ancestral gravestones - how many generations can you go back in time?  Do you have photographs of them?

2)  Tell us and/or show us in a blog post of your own, or in a comment to this blog, or in a Facebook status or a Google+ stream post.



I decided to do my father and mother's main surname lines.  

My father is still alive.  So I will begin with his father.




Fred Rohrer 
1903-1985
Bronswood Cemetery
DuPage County,  Illinois



Oscar Rohrer
1878-1938
Rayburn Cemetery
Miami, Indiana


Frederick Rohrer
1843- 1941
Rayburn Cemetery 
Miami County, Indiana



David Rohrer
1813- 1876
Fairfield Cemetery
De Kalb County, Indiana


Jacob Isaac Rohrer

1780-1850
Holmes County, Ohio


On my mother's side her maiden name was Rairigh.  I will begin with her stone.


Charlotte Ann Rairigh
1930-1990
Ever-rest Memorial Park
Cass, Indiana


Loyd Hazen Rairigh
1911-1984
Westlawn Cemetery
Miami, Indiana



William Harve Rairigh
1884-1956
Metzger Cemetery
Miami, Indiana

James Quinter Rairigh
1850-1911
Metzger Cemetery
Miami, Indiana



Rev. Samuel Rairigh
1816-1899
Marion County, Kansas





Rev George Rairigh Sr
1793-1856
 Slatehill Cemetery
Sagamore, Pennsylvania




So that is five stones in the Rohrer line and six stones in the Rairigh line.  Jacob Isaac Rohrer's parents are unknown,  although there are theories,  no one has proved his parentage.  I have a John Rohrig as Rev George Rairigh's father but I don't have it sourced and I don't have a grave stone photo.  



No comments:

Post a Comment