Saturday, July 29, 2017

The Saturday Night Genealogy Challenge: Genea-Bucket List






This weeks original post of the Genealogy Challenge and  links to those that participated can be found HERE.  The wording is as follows:

Knowing that a "Bucket List" is a wish list of things to do before death:

1)  What is on your Genealogy Bucket List?  What research locations do you want to visit?  Are there genea-people that you want to meet and share with?  What do you want to accomplish with your genealogy research?  List a minimum of three items - more if you want!

2)  Tell us about it in a blog post of your own (please give me a link in Comments), a comment to this post in Comments, or a status line or comment on Facebook.

Think big!  Have fun!  Life is short - do genealogy first!  




This week's topic is hard for me because for me my genealogy hobby is a journey that I enjoy and not something I want to complete.  Sure it would be  nice to solve some of my brick walls,  but only if new ones appeared.  And sure I enjoy research trips very much,  but only as long as there are still more research trips to take.  So, while there are many places I want to go,  many questions I want to solve, and many new tech toys I want to work with - the main thing I want to do is continue researching.  That being said,  I was able to come up with three things that I would like to put on a bucket list.    Only two things stand in my way of doing them - 1) time and 2) money.  So perhaps when I retire I will win the lotto and be able to achieve these wants.  

1) I would like a subscription to American Ancestors.  The site can be found HERE.  It is an expensive subscription but I would like to have it.  I don't have any paid subscriptions and really don't want any besides this one.  Unless maybe it would be a few months at each of the newspaper sites available or US papers.  But American Ancestors I would like a standing subscription to.  

2) I would like to attend GRIP.  It is a couple weeks of intermediate level genealogy training in the summers.  It sounds like a great experience to me.  The site can be found HERE.   

3) I want to take the NGS trip to NARA and the LOC.  A genealogy friend/cousin and I keep talking about registering for this trip.  I we get to attend it sometime.  The web page about it can be found HERE.  

These are the three things I came up with.  I am anxious to get to everyone else's posts that participated because I am sure they will list things I want to add to my list.  




No comments:

Post a Comment