Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day Three - Boston Massachusetts - Part Four




We concluded our walk of The Freedom Trail at the USS Constitution. http://www.ussconstitution.com/ We did not walk up to the Bunker Hill Monument after leaving the ship because it was the end of the day, the monument was closed, and we were very tired. Instead we hailed a cab back to the North Station and caught the metro back to Salem. We ate dinner at http://lobstershantysalem.com/ since it was our last evening and we felt we needed to have some seafood while on the coast. Although my sinuses had started feeling a little itchy on Tuesday afternoon late and my nose dripped a tad on Wednesday, it was not till during dinner Wednesday evening that my nose really filled up. So I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy the entire vacation before I got sick. The Amtrak ride home was pretty miserable but most of the trip I felt well. This is the last album of the trip to the Greater Boston Area that I went on the end of September 2010. While Peggy planned this years vacation, I planned last years trip when we went to Springfield Illinois and I will plan next years trip. I am not sure where we will go yet. But I am thinking more of a long weekend somewhere close by. Unfortunately I can't afford a trip like this one every year. We had a really nice time and I am very glad we took this vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment